Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy October!


October is my favorite month.

Up to about 10 years ago, I loved it most because it was my birthday month. And I actually used to LIKE my birthday. But, that is the past. Let’s leave it there. Now I love it because the weather turns a little cooler, the fall decorations are awesome, my pumpkin candle smells yummy and it is the excitement of my daughter’s birthdays’ (although E’s is Nov 3rd…it is SO darn close).

This past weekend was spent at my town’s Oktoberfest celebration. What fun! It is the size of the fair from my childhood, and my girls’ had a blast riding all the rides. And, when the German band started playing and everyone was walking around with giant boots of beer, it made me giggle. Good times.

Way, way back were the days of football games in October. I can still remember cheering at games and having to wear gloves and sweat pants. Brrrrr. ☺

October is also the wacky fun and craziness of Halloween. Always a good party and a good time had by all. I will take my girls’ trick or treating around the neighborhood again this year. Tradition.

It was last October that I chopped my hair off and got my new haircut. I still like it…but am ready for longer hair again. I still have that mentality that your hair gets shorter as you get older and I still don’t want to accept that. Although, I can finally say my age now, I still pause and take a big gulp…but I can say it. Good thing, because 2 weeks from today I will be one more year older. Sigh.

Older. Older. I have been told that this should be the best time of my life. I have lived and learned and should be in a secure place. Who am I kidding? I still have a bajillion goals and dreams that I am not that much closer to making happen. But I have learned a lot…and I have a lot of “wish I could do-overs”. I try not to dwell on them. Instead, I keep coloring my gray hairs and slathering on my wrinkle cream.

Let’s just celebrate the beautiful month of October.

Faith Hope Love-
LA

No comments: