Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Irish Pub Theater! Oh My Lucky Charms!


Well, this Irish Pub Theater is becoming old hat now!!! 2nd time is a charm. Actually I think I enjoyed the 1st time better...because this time my scene was LAST (I was told it was because of the old "let's save the best for last"...hmmmm, maybe now that I think about it...maybe she was LYING), and by the time it came around (like 2 hours later) the place had lost about 1/2 of the crowd. I was bummed. I wish we could have went on in the 1st set. Nonetheless, it was still good and funny and included A LOT of ad-libbing! Let's just say that my scene included:

*a chair that squeaked like a fart when sitting on it
*a scene partner who forgot lines
*a scene partner who starting choking on a french fry (I really think it was a ploy just to cover up the fact that he forgot his lines...a COVER UP)

But, I was praised by many for my ad-libbing skills...so, kudos to me! HA! Oh, btw, it was the opening car/cafe scene from When Harry Met Sally. Fun stuff. I love Meg Ryan.

On another note, my new-found acting friends are also wannabe writers like myself! Woohoo! It is great when you find a group of people that you have common interests. It is such a nice feeling to have a social life and FRIENDS! HAHA! Anyway, this weekend we are having a writer's group meeting...SCAT...and I am invited! I submitted my first chapter of The Cross Country Adventures of Ann and Beth. I am nervous to get their feedback/constructive criticism...but know it will be worth it. Hopefully it will give me that KICK IN THE BUTT that is SOOOOOO needed (no further comments on that right now...).

Okay my leprechaun friends...until next time!

Faith Hope Love-
LA

No comments: