Thursday, March 20, 2008

Trying to be Zen...



Hey, Hey, Hey! It has been a crazy, busy week! More so than usual. YAWN!

Been a groupie with the band…hanging on the beach with my sister and her family…celebrating with bearded leprechauns…updating the Music Zen blog…trying to clean my house and be a mom. Oh, and work. Oh, and wait…I am also supposed to be writing a minimum of 500 words a day.

Goals. Ugh.

One of my fave blogs is Zen Habits. You really should check it out. It teaches you about creating simplicity in your life. I really need a dose of that. He talks about slowing down and working on one goal at a time.

I feel like I have 100 balls up in the air at all times. How am I supposed to narrow that down to one at a time?? I know, I know…I need to set priorities. Besides my family, my biggest priority at this time is to complete this book so that I can possibly start the ball rolling on my dream career.

I just have to actually DO IT. And that is the hard part…

Needless to say, I did not achieve 5000 words last week and am already behind for this week too.

Here is a quote from Leo’s (the guy who writes Zen Habits) post on 3/18/08:

“One of my favorite Zen monks, Thich Nhat Hanh, simplified the rules in just a few words: ‘Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ It doesn’t get any better than that.”

I couldn’t agree more.

Faith Hope Love-
LA

No comments: