Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back to the Grindstone...

Ahhh…so I have been absent for a few days (sounds like I missed school..heehee). Over the weekend, my hubby and I created our new music blog. Check it out: http://musiczen.blogspot.com

We had a wonderful weekend, but I must admit that I did not complete my writing goal. In fact, I came in WAY below the mark. I guess my goal was Imaginary (for last week). I actually think it is one that can be achieved, but I did not have “it” last week. I spent way too much time trying to fix that silly slow computer, and then the rest of the week I pretty much had the “bluhs” at night. So, I will work on that this week.

I did actually feel a little depressed on Friday morning when I got up and it wasn’t LA DAY. The previous Friday was sooooo wonderful. Why can’t I have LA DAY every Friday? So, I told my husband “Okay, how about once a month?” He said okay, but kindly reminded me that I had already used up this month. Actually that isn’t true…the last (and first) LA DAY was in February, and that wasn’t even a real day anyways!

Besides, getting some writing done, I am quite excited about this next week. K’s band plays a really fun club on the beach this weekend and I have company coming in for Spring Break (which means I get to go hang out at their beach condo for the day! Yeah!). And then next week is St. Patty’s Day…and K’s band plays that night which should be a lot of leprechaun fun!

In case you haven't visited my myspace page and seen Jeffrey Gaines....ahhhhh...I love this guy! He is awesome live. Check this out:








So…let’s see…goals for this week:

1. Let’s try to shoot for 5,000 words again (gotta set them high!).
2. Still looking for freelance work.
3. Miraculously shed 3-4 more pounds to look awesome in a bathing suit for this weekend.

Okay…we are off to take my boss on her belated birthday lunch.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

Faith Hope Love-
LA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I was at that show! I am a huge JG fan. Check out my site
http://jgcafe.tripod.com.

We've actually got quite a bit in common. I'm a writer too. I'm actually working on a script featuring Jeff's music. I just abandoned the first draft and am going in a totally different direction.
I'm also an avid "Idol" watcher and was also way impressed with David Cook's "Hello."
Hope to hear back from ya!
-Liz