Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 7 in NaNoWriMo

Wow! It is Day 7 already in my newest writing adventure. What a crazy week! Before I elaborate, here are the stats:

NaNoWriMo goal for Day 6 (to finish 50,000 in 3 days): 10,002
My current word count: 10,945

I am 20% of the way there!!! Woohoo!

Thank goodness I had stockpiled some words on the weekend, because I needed that extra padding!! I have at least been able to complete a minimum of 1,000+ a day...but not always the required 1,667.

My play, Italian American Reconciliation, opens tonight. So, every night this week I have been at play practice. And then, after that is when I start my writing. it has been crazy and I am a little bit tired..but MAN...IT IS REWARDING! Over 10,000 words in 6 days???? I am so happy. And it isn't just a rambling of 10,000 words, it actually has a story line! :)

My thought process has the story divided in thirds...so in about another 5,000 words I will make the move to my first story turn...and oooooooo...the last third is going to be REALLY good!!! This first 10,000 has been really easy. It has flowed right out, but I have a feeling that it is going to start getting a little harder.

But, I can do it! :) And in the process, I will dazzle everyone with my theatrical talents (HA!)

Later-
LA :)

2 comments:

Cedric said...

Congratulations on your novelling!

And also congratulations on your play!

=) Good luck with it.

Beth Adele Long said...

Congrats on the verbiage! You are SO outpacing me.

Here's to a great final weekend of the play... and then to getting our evenings back!

Beth