Friday, November 28, 2008

I Won!!!! I Won!!! I Won!!!!!



I did it! For the past 28 days, I have weathered the storm and completed my very first novel. Un-freaking-believable! I am so excited and am so proud of myself that I actually did it. I have wanted to do this for so long and it has been a dream of mine to be a writer.

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) has been the most wonderful thing. Starting on November 1st, I had to start a brand new novel, starting with word number one. I had until midnight November 30th to submit 50,000 words. That meant a pace of 1,667 words a day. And, I even finished it 2 days early!

I am a winner, but that simply means the satisfaction of knowing I did it. I had the dedication and perseverance and completed it. Even a huge procrastinator like me!

I feel absolutely wonderful and can't wait to take a few moments to actually sit back and read my story, something I have not done yet. But I started with an idea and I wrote it from beginning to end.

And I can't start wait to do some edits!!! :)

My next goal is to shop for an agent. I CAN do this!

Faith Hope Love-
LA

1 comment:

Amanda said...

congratulations on finishing NaNoWriMo! must feel good. Hope you celebrated. Most people cant write an essay let alone a novel. So well done you!!

I was delayed by personal circumstances and got to 38,700 words. everyone is encouraging me to continue though so Im happy I got that far and I will carry on writing.